Friday, November 21, 2008

The End Results From My Spinning...

Well I got my top whorl drop spindle, and had my spinning lesson. Maryann was also nice enough to give me some wool to practice with, I am so thankful for it. Well I spun it up and I dyed it red with Cherry Kool-Aid. The end results looked like this...

This is what it looked like bfore I dyed it. This is my first spun yarn and my first time dyeing. It Is hanging up to dry right now. I love how dark the color came out. I used this website for the information needed to dye my yarn.. http://www.woolfestival.com/articles/koolaid.htm I have also bought some Merino from Myspecialtea on ebay, who has some good roving and is an honest seller. I am in the process of spinning that up and It is so soft and sooo easy to spin and is spinning up VERY nicely. Now I am looking for a crochet project to use it up with!

No comments: